Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thoughts Right Now...

...are all over the bloody place; JOY, of kindness of others, shown today when a friend turned up at our doorstep with groceries and a Xmas tree, knowing we had no money for either and I swallowed my pride and accepted the hand that GIVES, remembering something a dear friend said. "Deb, if you do not accept the hand that GIVES, you are interfering in God's work.".... that my daughter who is suffering from a broken heart and Lord knows has suffered already in her short 19 years, posted a status headline on facebook which I think can teach us all MUCH: "To let go is not to forget, not to think about or ignore; it doesn't leave feelings of anger, jealousy or regret. Letting go isn't winning nor is it losing, it's not about pride or obsessing or dwelling on the past; to let go is to cherish memories and overcome them, letting go is having the courage to accept change and have the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up." I learn from my daughter. We can all learn from our children, we could all grow up, if only we would listen. I am guilty of years past, of not. And I am ashamed. Ashamed of waving in front of my youthful child the card that reads, "I-know-it-all-and-you-don't." Thinking that as her mother, I had all the answers. How bloody ignorant I was. Yet what MATTERS is the lesson, what MATTERS is we LISTEN. Eventually, I did. And today, I am a proud mother of this young woman who in my eyes will always be my precious CHILD, yet is a strong woman, going out in the world with all of her insecurities and passions of life, essentially, alone, for despite I am her mother, always here, I need to let her go....she says it so well....

2 comments:

  1. It is not a mistake that the teacher Jesus said "And a little child shall lead them."

    I have found that as an adult I tend to cloud my experiences with things that only serve to complicate them. Children and younger adults are not yet so polluted that every thought or feeling must also have an extensive comentary. This is the meaning of innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children see a different expanding world as well, they truely SEE what we sometimes ignore, childrens insight and intuition are usually spot on. Sometimes, youth and inexperience mean NOTHING when the soul is clean and full of light, adults are clouded with stress and if we don't stay grounded can often forget how important children are in our lives.

    ReplyDelete