Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Christmas Fairytale

...seems to be happening in our lives presently. The kind you see on Fa La La La Lifetime, the kind that leaves you feeling humbled and inspired by the human spirit that in the movie has you gulping down chokes as tears threaten while you pretend not to weep at the ridiculously gushy movie. Admit it, we've all been there. Well I'm here to tell you that life can be just as gushy and it's bloody marvelous. It's been a while since my last blog and there's a reason for that. As some of you know, life's been pretty challenging recently in the Tibbles household; Bankruptcy, no jobs and recently no income at all due to Jen's unemployment benefit being halted. My truck got repossessed, my phone is still cut off as I can't pay the bill yet worse than bills piling up, we couldn't pay the rent and faced being homeless. I kid you not. This is still a possibility. I am not complaining, this is just life and shit happens. In order I don't get lost in the stench of it, I look to the Universe to my soul..and keep the faith, somehow knowing as my Ollie always used to say to me, "It will be ok Mummy, everything will be ok." And I believe. During the last 10 days or so, the fairytale began. It began with touching emails from friends who wanted to help.  Let me add also here that many were friends I have known only via facebook and whom I have yet to meet.   This is what is so incredible and so amazing about this fairytale; like the stories within, these funny, loving characters who I see from afar, somewhat in my imagination, suddenly pop up in real life as a real person with real, true meaning and reach out to me with love. I take the hand. I take it with gratitude and equal love. As I peer into my hand a gift lays upon it that allows me to feed my family and get much needed provisions. I would receive several gifts that as this fairytale continues to unfold, will take care of many needs for most of the month of December. A Xmas tree would also arrive, complete with lights, decorations and a star atop. Amazing how it fits just perfectly into the corner, like the empty space was waiting for it. How a dear friend who is struggling personally himself this holiday season offers his time and vehicle to take my daughter to see her Dad and bring her back home safely as the car we have would not make the drive to Chicago and back. Then as my family and I wonder how we will keep the roof over our heads another gift arrives; the gift of a full time job, offered to me at the YMCA as their Health & Wellness Coordinator. I officially start in January yet have already begun with gutso. So as we celebrate all the gifts that is the human spirit I for one, believe in fairytales and in times of struggle, invite you to do the same. Merry Christmas my friends...off to watch one of those gushy Fa La La La Lifetime movies...I believe mine is about to play out....

10 comments:

  1. Oh Deb!! I love you to pieces sweet girl. I know your struggles, as I have been there
    myself. I want you to know what a HUGE
    blessing you are to me and the girls and
    James too. I'm going to message you as I
    don't want to announce some things publicly
    but I just had to stop by your lovely blog (I always look forward to your posts:)and tell
    you how proud I am to call you my friend.
    I love you babe! Give Jen a huge warm hug
    for me, and a kiss for Jess and Georgie too.
    You were right...it IS all a bloody set up!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, From my family to yours. Merry Christmas....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbWLQWAuJrw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, Bless you Tara love!!! And I KNOW you have been there and admire YOU greatly for all you have been through, I got your private message and responded sweetheart...at the end of the day go with what your heart and soul tells you, I love you and will always support you, you know that:)) Merry Christmas love!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Susan, thank you love, I wish for you the same with much love XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you on finding a job and all the blessings. It is amazing the gifts that show up when things turn really dark. I have experienced this and it makes me want to give back, give back, give back... So much appreciation for the gifts that others (sometimes without their even realizing it)..give.


    Bless you for sharing your story and all the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you Bebbi for sharing those kind words and I understand and relate...nodding my head at all you said {{{hugs}}} Have a wonderful holiday love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been there too many times to count, including this year since I just got a job in August and even though I am working it seems I still can't pay the bills, I am frusterated daily and feel like I just can't win and my life will always be like this....I find myself depressed alot lately hiding behind a smile and the only thing that keeps me going is my children. The few people that have helped us this year I owe alot for without that we would be worse off than we are, I applaud you for keeping a positive outlook thru everything, I am having a hard time finding my happiness these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you Christina and can especially relate to the hiding behind the smile comment, I was like that for many years...and can also relate to others lending a helping hand otherwise things would be very bleak indeed. This for me, is what makes the hardships we face bearable, the kindness shown. I have also been in a place I would not invite my worst enemy into and crawling out from there and surviving in many ways gave me strength to do anything because NOTHING could EVER compare to it. I still have dark days and I would say to you love that it's OK to have those bleak dark days, in many ways I feel it cleanses us, allow the sadness and frustrations to get out, at least for me it does and when kindness comes my way I feel love coming back inside when momentarily I feel angry and not worthy of receiving such love and kindness and find through others, that I AM as are YOU....keep your chin up love, it may be a small consolation yet know you are not alone and TOGETHER we can do amazing things for eachother...HUGS to you {{{Christina}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your insight, my mood has improved since I blogged and got a little hostility out, I feel bad for my family when im like this, at least I know that even though we have never met, you care and I feel that strongly from you, thanks for being a friend Debi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are most welcome Christina, we are in this life together {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete